
About
Exterior & Interior
Architecture and sacred art of the Lovat Private Chapel.
The exterior of the church
The chapel was built in 1827 by the 14th Lord Lovat, the Chief of the Clan Fraser, on a small hill on the south side of the river. The chapel draws the eye with simple, attractive design and its dazzling whitewashed harling. It sits within a peaceful graveyard.









The interior of the church
The interior of the church is bright and spacious. The chancel, with its fine stained-glass rose window, was added by the architect Peter Paul Pugin in 1881. The chancel steps and reredos are expertly carved in sumptuous materials, with a pyx set above the altar table, providing a strong focus to the interior of the church.
Angels






Tabernacle



Altarpiece



Antependium of the Altar



Rose Stained-Glass Window









Memorials









